Skeeter
Hi fellow AntiX,
So the live-CD demo booted just fine, but then I was a bit flummoxed with how to install to HD. Found the suggestion to put the iso on HD, but then stumbled upon the"AntiX Install" button on the IceWM menu. Is this mentioned somewhere and I just missed it? Anyway install using this last failed at 69%, I think because with choosing"use whole disk" option the installer was too polite and tried to tiptoe around existing large partitions instead of blowing them away. Resized with gparted to just one big empty partition + swap, chose"custom install" and this time worked fine.
Do we want to mention the handy one-button install in some instructions somewhere or did I miss this? __{{emoticon}}__ Is booting fromiso on HD faster, and if so what's the advantage of a standard HD install?
secipolla
Booting 'fromiso' runs live, so it replaces burning to a cd but you would have to have the iso in a separate partition if you wanted to install it running from iso (or maybe boot it with the 'toram' cheatcode).
The new antiX has a frugal mode (compressed iso + add-ons) to be installed in USB sticks. I don't know how it would work in the hd. antiX traditionally is made for a standard hd install.