Honeypuck
I would like to install AntiX M12 in a LVM setting in order to be more flexible in case I have to resize partitions after install.
I want to have SWAP, ROOT and HOME partition in the LVM, BOOT-partition will be separate as only Grub2 can boot from LVM (As far as I know).

I successfully created a physical volume, a volume group and finally logical volumes for the three partitions in questions.

BTW: Maybe new AntiX-users should be told (Where would you do that? I'm more than happy to help and write some lines in the forum) that when using the shell in the Live-version they should do a

Code: Select all

apt-get update
before they try to install any additional packages they deem necesssary for their installation purposes. Otherwise apt-get doesn't find any new packages, as I experienced.

Now my problem is that the cli-installer does not recognize the logical volumes as partitions to use for /, SWAP and /home, it only sees /dev/sda7 as the LVM. How do I make the logical volumes available to the installer? Do I have to create partitions on top of the LVs? The partitioning tool cfdisk does not let me create sub-partitions under the logical partition /dev/sda7.

I changed all Volume Groups on the hard drive to active via:

Code: Select all

vgchange -a y

As you can see, I'm not an expert in these matters.

Anyway, thanks for a marvellous Debian derivative, way more stable than original Debain Testing, I have to say.
Honeypuck
Thinking about my problem, I realized that installing in a LVM will be harder than I thought at first, if not impossible. Will the package lvm2 be included in the regular installation? If not, how is the boot loader supposed to recognize the LVM, activate the volume group and thus access ROOT- & HOME-partitions? Seems to me that this would be not possible. If that is the case, I will have to use an orthodox partitioning layout __{{emoticon}}__

Do you have some thoughts on that?