topic title: IceWM Part 4
OU812
Hello. If you remember, lxde was originally built around pcmanfm, icewm, and lxpanel. The original icewm theme was called lxice. Lxde has since moved on to openbox, which makes sense since icewm already has a panel while openbox doesn't. Since I like the original lxice theme a lot, I decided to"complete" the theme by"customizing" the menu and taskbar. By customizing I really mean that I blended in the taskbar from the icehybrid project. Here's a screenshot:

If you like the theme, you can find it here:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php?content=89815"
linktext was:"http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php?content=89815"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

john
mariel77
john,
How did you get the blue folders? Mine stay gray.

Also where do you change the icons for the start menu and the show desktop?

And if I make changes how do I save them? For instance if I change the icons on the toolbar for the terminal, how do I save it so I can come back to it, if I try another theme?

Thanks!
OU812
How did you get the blue folders? Mine stay gray.
I'm using the gtangish icon set from the 7.5 iso. (The folders are actually supposed to be black, but for some reason it looks like they stay blue while in /usr/share/icons. When in ~/.icons, the seem to turn black.)
Also where do you change the icons for the start menu and the show desktop?
Icons for"start menu" and"show desktop" are in ~/.icewm/themes/themename/taskbar. Start button is usually named"icewm.xpm" and show desktop is usually named"desktop.xpm".
And if I make changes how do I save them? For instance if I change the icons on the toolbar for the terminal, how do I save it so I can come back to it, if I try another theme?
If you want to have taskbar icons that don't change according to new themes, edit the file ~/.icewm/taskbar. Just include the path to the icons you want to use.

HTH.

john
mariel77
OU812 wrote:I'm using the gtangish icon set from the 7.5 iso. (The folders are actually supposed to be black, but for some reason it looks like they stay blue while in /usr/share/icons. When in ~/.icons, the seem to turn black.)
OK, I'll try to play around with it then; I am using the gtangish icon set.
Icons for"start menu" and"show desktop" are in ~/.icewm/themes/themename/taskbar. Start button is usually named"icewm.xpm" and show desktop is usually named"desktop.xpm".
Thanks! I found them and replaced the theme ones with what you had from the antiX theme.
If you want to have taskbar icons that don't change according to new themes, edit the file ~/.icewm/taskbar. Just include the path to the icons you want to use.
OK, I think I was having problems because I put my themes in /usr/share/icewm instead of ~/.icewm. I understand the difference now. __{{emoticon}}__

I was trying to make a bluish theme, just to see, but I'll have to finish it later. Thanks for your help!