cuscotravelservices
Hi Folks,

How do you change the Font Size for the Menu Item text?

I added the following to the Preferences file but it has made no difference.

MenuFontName="-*-sans-bold-r-*-*-*-160-*-*-*-*-*-*"
MenuFontNameXft="DejaVu Sans:size=20,sans-serif:size=20,Bitstream Vera Serif:size=20:bold"

I have also altered the same options for the chosen theme in the demo Home directory but to no avail.

Thanks, MTB.
thriftee
I think that is in the selected .theme file, not preferences.

For example if you set the theme to infadel2 via the menu, go look at

/usr/share/icewm/themes/infadel2/default.theme

compare it to the default.theme under metal2, which has no font given yet has bigger font. maybe it comes from gtk if not specified?
meandean
That is why I use a prefoverride file so when I change something it stays changed regardless of theme.

cat .icewm/prefoverride |grep MenuFont
MenuFontNameXft="Sans:size=10"
cuscotravelservices
thriftee wrote:I think that is in the selected .theme file, not preferences.

For example if you set the theme to infadel2 via the menu, go look at

/usr/share/icewm/themes/infadel2/default.theme

compare it to the default.theme under metal2, which has no font given yet has bigger font. maybe it comes from gtk if not specified?
Funny you should mention the Infadel2 theme. __{{emoticon}}__

I figured it out eventually.

The IceWM manual wasn't exactly clear enough for me. An example would have been more useful.

I had created a themes directory under /home/demo/.icewm and copied the Ergonomic.theme file into there but didn't see any change. I next copied it into the /home/demo/.icewm directory but still no joy.

After noticing some themes, which were not using the MenuFontName nor the MenuFontNameXft parameters, were displaying the menu in the font size I had specified in the global preferences, I reread the manual again and created an Infadel2 directory under /home/demo/.icewm/themes and copied the Ergonomic.theme and Overloaded.theme files there et voila I had a readable menu. __{{emoticon}}__