DIONISIS POLITIS
I have installed antix 15 on two computers (laptop and desktop, both rather old). But I cannot manage to configure keybindings. The only thing i could achieve was to asign keybindings to the keys F1, F2 etc . Of course I tried to edit the keys files, both the system-wide and my own user's, but in vain. What i do wrong?
dolphin_oracle
you should post your~/.icewm/keys file and we can take a look.

did you try restarting icewm after making the change. there is that option in the logout submenu.
DIONISIS POLITIS
dolphin_oracle wrote:you should post your~/.icewm/keys file and we can take a look.

did you try restarting icewm after making the change. there is that option in the logout submenu.
#Set Volume
key"Alt+Ctrl+KP_Divide" amixer -c 0 set Master 5-# lower volume
key"Alt+Ctrl+KP_Multiply" amixer -c 0 set Master 5+ # raise volume
key"Alt+Ctrl+KP_Add" amixer sset Master toggle # mute on/off

# F* keys examples
# Open a terminal
key"F1" desktop-defaults-run -t
# Open a dialog to run programs
key"F2" gexec
# Open file manager
key"F3" desktop-defaults-run -fm
# Open browser
key"F4" desktop-defaults-run -b
Open antiX control centre
#key"F5" antixcc.sh
# Take a screenshot
#key"F6" antixscreenshot.sh

key"Alt+s" spacefm
key"Alt+Ctrl" desktop-defaults-run -t

this is a portion of the file...the F1, F2 etc keybindings work...the others not...of course i restarted icewm after every file ediding...
DIONISIS POLITIS
not even the keybidings that are included by default are functioning...here is another portion of the keys file:

key"Ctrl+Shift+Delete" desktop-session-exit
key"Ctrl+Alt+e" desktop-defaults-run -e
key"Ctrl+Alt+t" desktop-defaults-run -t
key"Ctrl+Shift+t" desktop-defaults-run -r -t
key"Ctrl+Alt+u" gftp
key"Ctrl+Alt+i" desktop-defaults-run -i
key"Ctrl+Alt+o" libreoffice
key"Ctrl+Alt+p" desktop-defaults-run -t htop
key"Ctrl+Shift+p" desktop-defaults-run -r -t htop
key"Ctrl+Alt+a" desktop-defaults-run -a
key"Ctrl+Alt+s" antixscreenshot.sh
key"Ctrl+Alt+d" gksu synaptic
key"Ctrl+Alt+f" desktop-defaults-run -fm
key"Ctrl+Shift+f" desktop-defaults-run -r -fm
key"Ctrl+Alt+g" desktop-defaults-run -te
key"Ctrl+Shift+g" desktop-defaults-run -r -te

I also checked that the file is executable, though I think thiis is not nesecary...
skidoo
@dolphin_oracle
There's a pre-existing discussion which is probably related to this. dirk-d mentioned difficulty using controlCentre to edit startup files.
One or the other (edit startup files per user, or edit globally) runs into a permissions roadblock.
? The user edits/saves the icewm config file and/or .keys file... and the script neglects to mark the file(s) chmod +x ?
fluxbox and JWM seem to not miss, not consider the executable bit, but icewm does and ignores the edited file.
DIONISIS POLITIS
thanks for the answer...as I see it , it's a bug that must be fixed (?)..
but can I do something meanwhile?

on the other hand it is strange enough, that some keybindings work, others not, despite beeing on the same file...this condradicts with the permission notion, or no?
Dave
Could you please the whole file because it looks like you might be one invalid key bind that then disallows all following keybinds.
If I had to guess from what you have posted so far it would be the"alt + ctrl" keybind as those are both modifier keys and no regular key is specified. Being that it is right after the f[0-9] keys and those keys work but nothing else it is also in the convenient cutoff point in the file.
dolphin_oracle
thanks skiddoo.

from a user terminal post the output of this.

Code: Select all

ll ~/.icewm/
note that is 2 lowercase Ls. this should show the.permissions on the files.