topic title: iceWM and Xinerama
BitJam
I installed the nvidia driver and enabled Twinview to use both my monitors. IceWM did not handle this well. I was unable to drag *some* windows (roxterm, iceweasel) from the left screen to the right screen. They would stop when the cursor hit the border between the two screens. I was able to drag the gkrellm window back and forth with no problem. A reboot didn't change the behavior.

I switched to FluxBox and everything worked great so I'll just stick with FluxBox for now. As an experiment I installed iceWM on my Gentoo system (with the xinerama USE flag) and it worked just fine across both screens.
eriefisher
Because you say it's working in fluxbox you probably enabled xinerama in xorg.conf and restarted X, but if not it's worth a check. I'm puzzled why it would work in one and not the other unless there is something about IceWM that's different.
BitJam
Thank for the reply. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I rebooted the computer and FluxBox worked while iceWM did not and there was no change in the xorg.conf file. I used Nvidia's"Twinview" which does the Xinerama automatically so Xinerama was always enabled.

At first I thought the error was because there was no Xinerama support in iceWM but I compiled it on Gentoo without Xinerama and I could not replicate the problem.