chrispop99
Fresh install, updated. Iceweasel version 31.8.0.

If a YouTube video is started, once the advertisement period is over, the player controls that should be at the right hand side of the bar under the video jump across to join those on the left. This makes using any of the controls impossible. The problem does not happen when using Palemoon.

Chris
dark-D
have you tried to update flash? in terminal as root: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
also you can install iceweasel 38.1.0esr-2 from the testing repo, if that doesn't work.
skidoo
chris, without"updating" anything I have seen the same thing (video playback controls squished to left side and overlapped/unclickable) in the antiX15 live session.
For me, the problem disappeared as soon as I installed"RequestPolicy" firefox extension.

People often complain that RP"breaks sites". Yeah, you need to fiddle and set rules for individual sites.
For youtube.com, right-click the RP toolbar icon and allow:
ytimg.com
googlevideo.com
google.com
Done. Is that 15 seconds spent"fiddling" (a one-time operation, if you set permanent RP rules) worth never again seeing interstitial youtube ad videos?
I certainly think it is.

With those 3 allowed destinations for youtube.com, above, MOST but not all videos will display/playback properly.
For the few videos which do not, the fix is to allow (I set 'em as TEMPORARY rules)
ggpht.com
and / or
googleusercontent.com

AFAIK, it's never necessary to allow
googletagservices.com
in order to achieve successful youtube video playback... and this tagservices server is likely where/how the ad content is triggered and injected.

Separately (with, or without, RequestPolicy enabled) videos by VEVO might require extra fiddling to achieve successful loading+playback.
chrispop99
dark-D wrote:have you tried to update flash? in terminal as root: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
also you can install iceweasel 38.1.0esr-2 from the testing repo, if that doesn't work.
Many thanks for the suggestions, but they didn't fix it.

It's only a test install, so no problem to me. I just thought it worth reporting.

Chris
chrispop99
skidoo wrote:chris, without"updating" anything I have seen the same thing (video playback controls squished to left side and overlapped/unclickable) in the antiX15 live session.
For me, the problem disappeared as soon as I installed"RequestPolicy" firefox extension.

People often complain that RP"breaks sites". Yeah, you need to fiddle and set rules for individual sites.
For youtube.com, right-click the RP toolbar icon and allow:
ytimg.com
googlevideo.com
google.com
Done. Is that 15 seconds spent"fiddling" (a one-time operation, if you set permanent RP rules) worth never again seeing interstitial youtube ad videos?
I certainly think it is.

With those 3 allowed destinations for youtube.com, above, MOST but not all videos will display/playback properly.
For the few videos which do not, the fix is to allow (I set 'em as TEMPORARY rules)
ggpht.com
and / or
googleusercontent.com

AFAIK, it's never necessary to allow
googletagservices.com
in order to achieve successful youtube video playback... and this tagservices server is likely where/how the ad content is triggered and injected.

Separately (with, or without, RequestPolicy enabled) videos by VEVO might require extra fiddling to achieve successful loading+playback.
Thank you for the suggestion, but installing the RP add-on and following your instructions didn't fix the problem.

Chris
rokytnji
On my P3 laptop. Nothing is corrupted?

skidoo
? maybe it only occurs for one specific kernel+graphicsdriver combination, like 32bit kernel plus nouveau driver
chrispop99
I updated the video driver to nvidia using sgfxi but the corruption persists:

MX-14-4 on this machine does not have the problem.

An install of antiX15 on another machine (a P3!) does not have the problem.

It's not something I need to fix, but thought it worthy of recording.

Chris