red devil
Anyone had this problem? I'm running antiX M7.2, and everything was working fine but then last night Iceweasel failed to launch from my Fluxbox menu, despite repeated attempts. I rebooted, same problem. Tried to run it from terminal with 'iceweasel' command and get"segmentation fault" and nothing happens. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling - same thing happens.
Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and how to fix it - Dillo is fast and all, but I don't want it as my main browser.
Jerry
No, and I just update/upgraded. I would do as you have do a complete uninstall (purge) to remove the package and its configuration files, then reinstall.

If that didn't do it, then I would back up my bookmarks and anything else I wanted to keep, completely uninstall the package, and then go into my home directory and delete the hidden directory ./mozilla. Then re-install iceweasel and when you run it, it will recreate the directory you deleted--and the thing had better run!
DJiNN
red devil wrote:Anyone had this problem? I'm running antiX M7.2, and everything was working fine but then last night Iceweasel failed to launch from my Fluxbox menu, despite repeated attempts. I rebooted, same problem. Tried to run it from terminal with 'iceweasel' command and get"segmentation fault" and nothing happens. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling - same thing happens.
Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and how to fix it - Dillo is fast and all, but I don't want it as my main browser.
I haven't had IceWeasel"Crash" on me, but just recently it started to do some weird stuff, and was getting very slow & hard to use, possibly even causing a few strange problems that i was having elsewhere (Although i can't say or prove that IceWeasel was the cause). One thing that IceWeasel"Stopped" doing was restoring my sessions after i had either re-booted or closed the browser for some reason.

Anyway, Long story short, i'm now using Opera, and although initially it was strange, i'm now finding that ....

a: It's quicker by far than IceWeael ever was and
b: It has a lot of things"Built-In" that i had to install"Plugins" in IceWeasel to get......
c: It's SOLID!!
d: Doesn't seem to use as much ram as IceWeasel did.
e: My whole system is now responsive & as fast as it was when i first installed antiX.... WHOOP!!! __{{emoticon}}__

It's certainly worth a try.
red devil
I have used Opera in the past and, while it's not my favourite browser (it just does certain things in an odd way, don't you think?) it's certainly quick and feature packed. I wonder which version you're using DjiNN and where you got it from - I might give it a try, but I notice it's not in the repos.
DJiNN
red devil wrote:I have used Opera in the past and, while it's not my favourite browser (it just does certain things in an odd way, don't you think?) it's certainly quick and feature packed. I wonder which version you're using DjiNN and where you got it from - I might give it a try, but I notice it's not in the repos.
Hi red devil - I agree, there are many things about Opera that i'm not sure if i like .... Yet. __{{emoticon}}__ But i'm liking it more and more with every passing day, and it's getting to be that the benefits far outweigh the few things i'm not keen on.

I got the release that i'm using from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=linux&ver=9.50b2"
linktext was:"here"
====================================
. It's working really well on this system, and doesn't slow it down one bit, which is just not something i can say for IceWeasel. It's quite sad really, because i've been a big FF/IceWeasel fan for years, but recently i've found that it's causing so many problems, and not just on this machine.

I'm a big"Tab" fan, with my average tab count being about 20 or so, and IceWeasel just doesn't like loads of tabs..... But Opera is coping without any problems whatsoever. I'm very impressed.

I'm giving it a couple of weeks to get used to Opera and to see what it can really do, but so far i don't think i'll be going back anytime soon. Opera on antiX just works.... nuff said! __{{emoticon}}__
Urban
In the past I have found that sometimes it is the flash player that is seg faulting. The latest beta of flash crashes all the time on me.