topic title: Iceweasel busted?
impuwat
Did clean install on test machine. Iceweasel would work but unable to download files. Thought maybe I had a bad burn. Burned antiX-M7-rc2 again with different media at different speed. Did another clean install. Iceweasel still would not download. Unable to set download path under options as well.

Went to synaptic and got rid of iceweasel and installed firefox. Firefox downloads files and I was able to reset the path for downloads.

Also noticed typo in .fluxbox/startup. Not a biggie but line 8...a comment line...reads
# bsetbg -f ~/pictures/wallpaper.png
should read:
# fbsetbg -f ~/pictures/wallpaper.png
Noticed it when I was setting a custom wallpaper there.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Iceweasel is able to download files, but you have to specify the name of your home folder. When it suggests /home it should really suggest /home/john.

You can do so when you first download a file.

Thanks for the fbsetbg information.
impuwat
Thanks. Probably just a"noob" moment. Worked for quite awhile to set the download path and could never get it to take. Was not an issue on rc1.
impuwat
Just installed AntiX Lysistrata on an old P3. Updated & dist-upgraded to Sid. Everything was smooth but noticed I could not download with Iceweasel again. Changed the path several times and all I could get at any number of downloads....was download.php.

Removed Iceweasel and reinstalled it. Everything worked fine after that. Definitely a little bug there somewhere that only rarely pops up. Especially since this a different machine from the last time I had the problem.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.