Dave
I am not sure if this is in the right"area" of the forum, I apologize if it is not.
I have installed gnome-ppp from testing (as I have built from core using the testing repos), then upgraded iceweasel to 9.01 in sid. After the upgrade (and a reboot), I have lost all ability to view any webpage, it will not leave about:home or the new tab page. I have downgraded back to 8.0 in testing, ( my previous working version ) but it still does the same thing. I do not know what changed with iceweasel (or depends) however it affects iceape, firefox, chromium (accesses http, but not https), and remaster.sh (unable to connect to anything web related). If I go to the mozilla website and download firefox version 9 tarball, extract it and run the contained binaries all works fine. I am ok with running the web browser like this, however I do wish to have remaster.sh working again.

If anyone has any ideas as to what may be the common link among these applications or other suggestions / comments, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Dave
okay, I went through the dependency listings from the debian repository web page, for each dependency I had used synaptic and marked for reinstallation. The webbrowser problem was fixed after reinstalling the dependencies for xulrunner-8.0. __{{emoticon}}__ This was a good sign, but sadly web activity with remaster.sh is still broken (apt).

I would like to go through the dependencies of remaster.sh in the same manner, however I do not know them. Anybody that knows the dependencies please let me know.

Dave
anticapitalista
Site Admin
What message do you get when running remaster.sh to show it is broken?
Dave
cannot give the exact error right now, however when doing apt-get update in remaster.sh chroot the output is similar to
0% *.debian.com testing main
0% *.debian.com testing main
Error cannot connect......
Error cannot contact *.debian.com testing main
apt errror

The computer is connected to the internet, and successfully completes apt-get update *outside* of the remaster.sh chroot.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Maybe connected to resolv.conf in /etc/? In chroot, run ceni or dhclient again. Do the same in your normal environment as well.
Dave
ceni fails to connect /bring up the interface in chroot both eth0 and wlan0, normal environment works as it should for both eth0 and wlan0.

EDIT Noticed gnome-ppp breaks resolvconf, so I have removed gnome-ppp / depends according to apt history and reinstalled resolvconf, then reran a fresh remaster of antix core, same problem.

EDIT#2 Rebooted for good measure, still the same.
Dave
ok booted the computer up today and connected to the internet using ceni. In the ceni output I noticed that it had a warning stating that /etc/resolv.conf was not a symbolic link to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf. Made the link, rebooted / reconnected, fired up a new remaster session, ran dhclient and all is working again. __{{emoticon}}__

dhclient does need to be run every time, but it is not a big problem. I am happy to have it working again.

Now I have a seccond question, since gnome-ppp and resolvconf conflict, how would I go about installing them so that remaster.sh is not messed up again. I know that the full version of antiX has gnome-ppp and remaster.sh works, so it must be possible __{{emoticon}}__ .

Thanks for the help anti,
Dave