jbander
I'm, running 16.2 Rox=fluxbox but I want my configuration set up to be used in all desktop configuration. Is there a simple way of doing this. When I move to my next desktop most of my changes are lost. It looks like the biggest problem will be setting up my own Icons with the app I want to open in each desktop If I have to do them one at a time.. That took a while and that was just 7 icons put on the desktop. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
rokytnji
Got screenshots and a better description on what you want to accomplish? I am only replying because no one else has.
jbander
rokytnji wrote:Got screenshots and a better description on what you want to accomplish? I am only replying because no one else has.
Thanks for responding But I'll have to describe it because my distro crashed that had it on . I'm personalizing Antix 16.2 exactly the way I want, mostly for speed in web apps. What it was was a icon board with icons to access the icons apps. Like Firefox icon to open Firefox. . This is part of the panel. that I want to retain on all desktop-Rox ,ice, fluxbox , jwm. all 12 different desktops. When I move to any other desk top the panel isn't there.
Kruppt
What is the name of the program that your calling a"icon board"?
You would have to list all 12 windows managers DEs because if your
trying to do what I think your trying to do, you would need to configure differently
for each WM you change to. Determine the actual name of this panel your wanting
to use and the 12 different WM/DE.
skidoo
I want my configuration set up to be used in all desktop configuration.
desktop menu -} Help -} antiX -} antiX FAQ
find in page: startup
Notice that it directs you to visit Control Center -} Session -} User Desktop-Session

When you do, and click on User Desktop-Session, config files are presented for editing.
The directives within the startup file are applied every session ~~ regardless which WM ~~ so add a line
/path/to/my-red-menu-thingie &

Save changes & logout.
Your menu thingie should now be autostarted each time you login ~~ regardless which WM.
That took a while and that was just 7 icons put on the desktop
If you open a file manager and browse to /usr/share/applications you can drag items from file manager to the pinboard.
Boom. Done. (no"took a while")

FWIW, you can similarly drag items onto the rox panel.
jbander
skidoo wrote:
I want my configuration set up to be used in all desktop configuration.
desktop menu -} Help -} antiX -} antiX FAQ
find in page: startup
Notice that it directs you to visit Control Center -} Session -} User Desktop-Session

When you do, and click on User Desktop-Session, config files are presented for editing.
The directives within the startup file are applied every session ~~ regardless which WM ~~ so add a line
/path/to/my-red-menu-thingie &

Save changes & logout.
Your menu thingie should now be autostarted each time you login ~~ regardless which WM.
That took a while and that was just 7 icons put on the desktop
If you open a file manager and browse to /usr/share/applications you can drag items from file manager to the pinboard.
Boom. Done. (no"took a while")

FWIW, you can similarly drag items onto the rox panel.
So is this right for Rox panel for your path listing on this thread?--- /path/to/my-red-menu-thingie &= /usr/share/rox/options.xml So then do I also have to supply the path for wallpaper and my icons on my desktop.
jbander
I want this verified to see if this will work for everyone. I've tried to find a way to keep my rox-panel on the desktop all the time. I have it so at least I can now load Antix and go to desktop/turn panel"on" Rox panel will now stay on no matter what desktop I use. I went to control-panel/session/use desktop-sessions(which takes you to geany) then /desktop-session.confg on tabs in Geany/ then go to START DELAY and set to"0" instead of"2" and go down and make sure NOTIFICATION_DIALOG=is set to"false" It now stays on when I go from one desktop to another. Now I would ideally find a way to have it stay on when I reboot Antix.