wolfmax98
Hello, I'm new to Antix, actually using the fifteen version and enjoying it. In the beginning I had some drivers issues, but now they're solved, and after I found out that my PDF viewer don't have a tool for insert notes and it can't restore the last page I saw after it was closed, so I have to type it every time I run, and I am using the Xpdf and also mupdf package, I'm not certain if there is a kind of acrobat reader or foxit for linux, but I ask anyway. Thanks!

& i almost forget to wish a happy new year !!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Welcome! and all the best for 2017!

acrobat reader if you need it is available via the metapackage0installer - under office - though mupdf is, IMO, superior in many ways.
wolfmax98
I've installed one package called qpdfviewer that looks a bit with acrobat reader, very
helpful. It was discovered in synaptic, alright I possibly would do that without ask here , but maybe one reason to make my first post is to say that I'm very pleased to be using Antix, thanks to your and the community efforts!
dolphin_oracle
evince is another favorite pdf reader.

and welcome!
rokytnji

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://wiki.debian.org/PDF"
linktext was:"I use this"
====================================
to see what my choices are.

Just because it says mate or gnome desktop. Does not limit my choices.

If interested in Foxit reader. Search term is
Install Foxit PDF Reader 8.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 18 or Any Linux Distro
But you are going outside of using synaptic or apt package manager in AntiX to do this. Not something a novice can easily do.
Gain some experience 1st is my suggestion. Or try a install in a VM antix install 1st. Also. That site is outdated as Foxit reader for linux is now at version 8.2.

wolfmax98
these links are very useful, I give a try later in some of that tools, especially for edit pdf's, guess the foxit isn't necessary anymore, thnks
masinick
Needless to say, Linux distributions, and certainly our beloved antiX software, with the excellent Debian repositories upstream, has variety and choice, and when it comes to PDF - or any kind of image viewer, for that matter, we're not lacking.

2017 will be another good year with helpful software and a friendly forum like ours!
Health, success, and wellness to each of you!
bdp1
Okular from the KDE project works well and allows filling out forms. It does require loading some KDE overhead, though.
Jerry
We have collected a lot of PDF help in the MX/antiX Wiki that might be useful to you:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://mxlinux.org/wiki/applications/pdf"
linktext was:"https://mxlinux.org/wiki/applications/pdf"
====================================