dln9
I have recently installed antiX 8.2 to the hard drive. It is not clear to me how I will know when there is an upgrade to antiX available. And, how do I go about installing that upgrade.

Thanks.
plvera
Upgrade releases are posted in the forum and at the website, so I would keep checking those. Once there is a new release, you can either install that from scratch. Alternatively, Anticapitalista usually has an accompanying upgrade script that you can run so that you can upgrade your existing system, without completely wiping out what you have already set up. Again, information will be posted in the forum.
Best regards,
Pedro
harii
I'm surprised that Mepis don't have an mailing list
- for new releases and new packages in their repo?
That would be so cool but then i really should watch the forum. __{{emoticon}}__
Dave
I have made a upgrade script that is the same styling as the other scripts, it has the basic commands that I have learned to use in the terminal, as well as getting and installing other add on packages. The whole script code is posted to look at I have used it a few times and it worked well but don't hold to it. I see that you are fairly new to antix so you may be able to pick up some stuff up from this script. The safest way to do an upgrade though is to probably just use aptitude, or another package manager but I find that a greater difficulty than running the terminal commands