lhb1142
I won't go into the reasons here but it is desirable for me to be able to set my antiX-16 installation so that double-clicking, rather than single-clicking, is necessary to open files and/or folders.

I have checked IceWm, FluxBox, and JWM but I am unable to find the line which would require editing. It is possible (probable?) that I overlooked it.

Would someone here please tell me which option should be edited and the line to look for? I would really appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by lhb1142 on 04 Oct 2016, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
dolphin_oracle
its actually in the rox file manager options or in the spacefm file manager settings, depending on which dekstop/filemanager you are using.
lhb1142
I am using ROX. (I have installed the 'standard' antiX-16 OS.) Would you tell me exactly where the option is? Thanks.
dolphin_oracle
right click an icon on the desktop and select Rox-Filer -> Options (or open the options dialog in rox)

the the pinboard tab, uncheck single-click

then for hte file manager itself its the Filer-windows tab

lhb1142
dolphin_oracle --

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just changed the option on the computer and double-clicking functions perfectly.

I have a relative who needs a laptop computer. I have an Asus SonicMaster (i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD) purchased in 2013 which came with Windows 8 (updated to 8.1 then updated to 10) and which was subsequently changed to Xubuntu 16.04 (completely eliminating Windows).

We had used this computer while traveling but, as we won't be going anywhere any time soon, I thought I would give this computer to our relative.

But this relative is not very 'computer-savvy' and is used only to Windows. Xubuntu, especially with its requirements to upgrade every two years, might have been intimidating. I thought antiX would be a perfect introduction to Linux and it can be used as a de facto rolling release. It is easy and straightforward to use and, especially, to keep updated.

However the need for single-clicking to open files/folders might have been confusing to this person; hence I asked my question (and received your excellent answer) as to how to enable double-clicking. (I myself have no problem with single-clicking.)

My relative thanks you - and again I thank you!