dando
Have got really fed up with using the Firefox web browser. Have tried to remove it using: sudo apt-get purge firefox but nothing doing. So could someone tell me how to remove it please.
dolphin_oracle
how did you install it?
jdmeaux1952
Are you talking about"Firefox" itself or are you talking about Iceweasel or Qupzilla (both Firefox codes)? You can go to Synaptic and select"Remove completely" for any of these.
dando
Must have installed it from the Mozilla site i think? when i did a search in Synaptic it was not there and when i open a terminal and typed sudo apt-get purge firefox i am informed that Firefox is not installed but it is installed because i used it to come to the Antix forum
Jerry
Jerry
The deb from Firefox usually installs to /opt, and it may not show up in the PATH. Check first if you see a firefox folder in /opt. Then try adding /opt to PATH, then run your commands again and see if they work.

Code: Select all

PATH=$PATH:/opt
export PATH
This addition is only valid for the current session, would need to be added to ~/.bashrc to make it permanent.
chrispop99
If you liked earlier versions of Firefox, you might want to have a look at this:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.palemoon.org/"
linktext was:"http://www.palemoon.org/"
====================================

It uses much of the older version of Firefox, with some of the things most folk never use stripped out. I've been using it for a month now, and really like it.

Chris
dolphin_oracle
if you installed the package from Mozilla, and ran the install, it should be in /opt. Just delete the folder. since it didn't come in a deb ( its a tar.bz2 file I think, and just a compressed directory structure at that) you won't be able to use the apt type tools to remove it.
Jerry
Right, it's a"blob" -- forgot that.

__{{emoticon}}__