eugen-b
dolphin_oracle wrote:
eugen-b wrote:From what I can guess I might be missing some daemon which reads these startup files or the /autostart/*.desktop files.
I tested with / etc/xdg/autostart/htop.desktop and ~/.config/autostart/htop.desktop - nothing happens. Executing the .desktop files manually works fine.
i think when you created the home .desktop-session startup files, you used save-all, which probably enabled all the configuration for desktop-session into the home folder. which means you need to change the xdg autostart setting in ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf
Well, I don't have any ~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf, should I create it?
I've just tested renaming ~/.desktop-session/startup by appending .bak, checked the corresponding file in etc, rebooted and no effect.
Dave
Are you running a min-*wm option?
If you are the startup files and programs set to start in desktop-session.conf will be ignored, and the window manager startup file renamed. Min- starts only the minimal number of items that being essentially only the window manager.
If not try renaming ~ / desktop-session, then make that same directory and copy / etc / desktop-session /desktop-session.conf to it as well as / etc / desktop-session / startup and see what happens.

Also if there is a log file in ~/ .desktop-session that would be good to see.
eugen-b
No, I'm runnin JWM SpaceFM.
Here are the logs you asked for, Dave.
Will try renaming ~/.desktop-session later today.
Thank you!
eugen-b
@Dave, it worked. My script in etc/desktop-session/startup gets executed. I needed to disble xgd/autostart, because renamind the etc/xdg/autostart contents by appending .bak does not disable them for some reason. A new folde ~/.desktop-session gets created without startup and some other files.