JBo
Well, antiX run off a USB stick works well for me. I especially like the way I can use persistence and then remaster when the rootfs starts getting big and slow to make and load.

Anyway I like to keep my network facing apps and the kernel updated. So I updated to the latest kernel in the Debian repository. A huge initrd loaded with truckloads of modules was generated. Of course it didn't work, because it didn't have any of the antiX special sauce in it. The original initrd still worked, but any modules loaded from it would be outdated modules.

Here's what I did. I copied the original initrd, opened it up, made a list of the modules and then deleted them. I added the list to / etc/initramfs-tools/modules, and generated a new initrd with just those modules. I opened it, copied the new modules into the copy of the original initrd and wrapped it up with a pretty little bow. It seems to work fine.

Does this make sense? How do you folks do tit?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Have you tried using live-kernel-updater? It 'automates' (basically) your manual steps.

Once new kernel is installed, and a remaster made, then try running live-kernel-updater.
JBo
I knew there had to be a simpler way, but my search skills failed me this time. I'll give it a shot the next time I put in a new kernel. Thanks.