topic title: How I use AntiX-15
N4RPS
Hello, All!

Hello!

I am using AntiX-15 full version (IceWM) on a number of legacy laptops here. It seems to be the best choice for speed on older hardware, while retaining excellent Debian/Ubuntu compatibility.

One dinosaur AntiX has brought back from the parts bin is a Compaq Evo N600c with a P3-1066 and 512 MB RAM. Performance is crisp - quite responsive for a laptop with so little RAM. With a set of amplified speakers, it made for a cute little holiday jukebox last Christmas.

Another reincarnated laptop is an old Asus EEE PC 1000H netbook with 1GB RAM. This system runs from a 16GB class 10 SDHC card - with the performance of a hard drive. Since it runs directly from 12V DC, I am considering adapting it for vehicular use.

For a 'system on a thumb drive', I use a third AntiX system which resides on a 16GB flash drive. This serves as a personal, portable, and secure system for use at cafes, public libraries, and other places that offer computers for public use.

Virtually all Linux distros I've tried for these uses perform poorly on flash drives and SD cards. Not Antix! It handles everything I throw at it - video with MPlayer and VLC, Bluetooth audio, high-def TV with Me TV and a TV dongle - you name it...

You folks have a great product here. I can't wait to see what you folks have planned for it in the future!

73 DE N4RPS
Rob
rokytnji
Howdy and Welcome. Good to see some Linux-Lite folks here.
dolphin_oracle
Hey, welcome to the wonderful world of running on USB pendrives! and to the antiX boards!