jbander
I have a couple of programs that I can't decrease their size after I used Fll to make it full screen. One is Synaptic. What's the solution. I've went over a half dozen keyboard shortcut lists and I've found a few that work but not on Synaptic. Synaptic stays full screen or dumps to the panel .Any thoughts on this. Thanks Antix 16.2
BitJam
What window manager are you using? I just booted antiX-16.2_x64-full live and was able to toggle Synaptic full-screen on and off with Alt-F11 in both IceWM and Fluxbox.
jbander
BitJam wrote:What window manager are you using? I just booted antiX-16.2_x64-full live and was able to toggle Synaptic full-screen on and off with Alt-F11 in both IceWM and Fluxbox.
Thanks for the response, I'm in Rox-Fluxbox, like I said it's either Full screen or in the panel
BitJam
jbander wrote:Thanks for the response, I'm in Rox-Fluxbox, like I said it's either Full screen or in the panel
I can replicate the behavior you describe by minimizing the window and then using alt-F11 on the tab in the panel. After that alt-F11 toggles between the window being fullscreen and the window being minimized. I can also get it into a state where alt-F11 toggles between true fullscreen and fullscreen with the window border. In that case when I get to the state where the window border is visible, I use the"fullscreen" button in the upper right of the border and this returns the window to normal size.

I don't know if any of that will help you or not. If you are running the antiX-full system then another trick to try is to go to the desktop menu and go to"Desktop" -->"other desktops" and then select iceWM which will give you slightly different window controls. Maybe you can get your windows unstuck there. Then you can use the"other desktop" menu again to switch back to Rox-Fluxbox.

Finally, if all of the above fails, you can use the wmctrl program in a terminal window to control your windows. Use this command to list your windows:

Code: Select all

wmctrl -lG
Then, if you have a Synaptic window open (or minimized) you can use this to toggle fullscreen:

wmctrl -r Synaptic -b toggle,fullscreen
The following will adjust the location and size of a window:

wmctrl -r Synaptic -e 0,0,0,800,600
Of course, something could truly be broken in which case none of my suggestions will help.