dieselbenz
I doubt if any of us are living in only an antiX world. What do you guys normally use? I'd bet you have some nice wallpapers, etc.

Here's mine. Gateway Pentium III (800 mhz if I remember correctly). Picked it up at the curb, had been put out for the trash. Took out the CD-ROM, installed a CD-RW and a DVD drive. Upgraded RAM. Bigger hard drive. Etc.

Total cost: $0. Everything, including upgrades, were either given to me (I have a reputation for adopting obsolete computers, nice since the city charges $35 a pop to haul them away). Even my display, a Gateway2000 EV700, was a curbside pickup.

Anyway, here's mine.

PCLinuxOS 2007 running Gnome 2 (I like to color outside of the lines).

Don

OU812
I am sadly not currently running antix - I had problems writing to an external usb hdd. So I have wolvix cub running on my wife's old laptop and dreamlinux on my old desktop (used for experiments). On my new laptop, I am thinking of installing dreamlinux and wolvix hunter. Then again, sidux just released a new iso, which is intriguing.

john

EDIT
I got antix to play nice with my usb hdd. I had some help from the mepislovers forum and the book"Linux CookbooK". Here's what worked:

#chmod -R -v 777 /mnt/sda1

(Also, it seems better to plug it in before turning on the box.)

Before this I was testing dreamlinux, wolvix, and vector on some machines to see what I liked best. So far, antix just works with my all of my boxes. So, I will install antix on a desktop to play a bit more with it and then install on my laptop. (I still like dreamlinux, wolvix, and others a lot.) Once again, thanks for the distro.
Last edited by OU812 on 23 Nov 2007, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
eriefisher
I have AntiX Lysistarta on my main box--Athlon 3200+
Puppy2.17 on a HP celeron 466
Damn Small on an old IBM p166
And either Puppy 2.15 or Antix 6.5 on an Dell p266. I forget which because both have been on it and I haven't booted it in a while.
XP on a Compaq laptop

My wife:
AntiX Lysistarta on a Emachine 3.0ghz
XP on a built white box with a p1.7

eriefisher
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I have sidux, Mepis 3.4.3 and debian sid on other partitions, but I hardly ever use them now.

I'll give the new sidux-lite a try soon. I really like what they are doing, but I don't like kde, even a lite-version. So I end up removing it, and this has caused some 'minor' problems in the past.

Nice wallpaper dieselbenz.
tbint62
hello
I have been having fun with linux for a few years now, mostly debian. I have been watching mephis, stopping in now and then. Never realy liked kde. But the kernel,,, cool. Then I saw AntiX and spun the disk on my thinkpad 600e and the hardware worked, pccards, sound, hotplugs, etc. So I am going to get Antixbase-iso tonite, and load it on the thinkpad. But I went back to debian and made a desktop inspired by antix. debian kernel won't work pccards on the thinkpad. I have not mastered modulars, and compiling yet.
I used: debain base, x, wdm, flux, thunur, gimp, iceweasel, eterm, and alterd a background I got from dragonflybsd. Can't wait to get antix base.

well hear is the screen shot:

TLeeNorris
Mepis 7 rc2 -> Final.

TLeeNorris
And yep...XP

eriefisher
xToeCutter...

You sure like your icons.

eriefisher
TLeeNorris
__{{emoticon}}__ lol..

Point & Click..