topic title: ho man...I'm stupid
apoisonedapple
I've been bouncing from distro to distro, and never seemed to have a problem. I'm really embarassed to say this, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to find files and folders in Antix.

I'm trying to find my temp folder, but the file system makes me go cross-eyed. Is it really that convoluted, or am I just"special" ? I don't know why this seems so difficult __{{emoticon}}__

Any advice for the simpleton would be appreciated.
eriefisher
eriefisher
Right click for menu, select files or home(depending on what version you installed). When rox opens click arrow up to get to the directory you want.

*OR*

Right click for menu, select run. Type rox /tmp and rox should open in /tmp/
rayburn
Rox takes a little getting used to, however, if you can't get on with it, try installing another file manager. I use Midnight Commander, which I find simple, fast and lightweight.

To install just type: apt-get install mc
anticapitalista
Site Admin
mc is in antiX, rayburn __{{emoticon}}__

You are right though that rox takes a bit of getting used to.
Another good, fast and light filer is xfe, but it it ugly!
h2
pcmanfm is my choice for light weight file manager. It's 2 pane, which for me is not an option (it is 2008 after all, not 1978 or thereabouts) in a file manager.
eriefisher
eriefisher
h2 wrote:pcmanfm is my choice for light weight file manager. It's 2 pane, which for me is not an option (it is 2008 after all, not 1978 or thereabouts) in a file manager.
I'm with you on that one. It will take care of networking as well if you use the experimental versions.
Jerry
I would like to see Anti *consider* switching to pcmanfm for the 7.5 release--it is so much better in every way, even just the version in the repos.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I won't *switch* from rox, but I'll probably include pcmanfm from the Debian repos for the final.
OU812
Thanks for even just considering to include pcmanfm in the final version. Rox does have some advantages so I agree that it shouldn't be replaced. But the possible inclusion of pcmanfm is very exciting.

john
rayburn
My mistake, anticapitalista, I thought that I had installed mc afterwards, but I am sure you would know....!