topic title: Hi. Capitalsta !
ilinty
Hi, Capitalista. I'm ilinty. Sometimes ago I have asked You for some help...
Now I'have upgrated my nootebook with Antix 7.2 preview1: Good Work !
Do You know this browser: kazehakase ?

Bye
moron
ilinty wrote:Do You know this browser: kazehakase ? Bye
Hi ilinty,
I tried kazehakase a while back but could never get it to work with antiX without spiking my cpu. It was pretty slow, as well. Are you using it successfully?
DJiNN
moron wrote:
ilinty wrote:Do You know this browser: kazehakase ? Bye
Hi ilinty,
I tried kazehakase a while back but could never get it to work with antiX without spiking my cpu. It was pretty slow, as well. Are you using it successfully?
I've also had mixed success with Kazehakase. On the one hand it seems small & lightweight etc, but the amount of libs that it seems to pull in (on antiX at least) is quite a few, and as it uses the Gecko (Mozilla) engine, i'm not really sure if it's that much better than IceWeasel, which performs rather well on this old PIII 500 Mhz Celeron with only 128mb Ram. Certainly there doesn't seem to be a marked amount of performance gain using Kazehakase anyway.

It's a great little browser though, and it's always good to see alternatives to the usual few. __{{emoticon}}__
ilinty
>Are you using it successfully?

No. I have see it in fluxubuntu ....
I think to wait for a release that use webkit ...

Firefox 3.0 probably has an low memory usage, I hope ....

Bye
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hi again ilinty, nice to 'see' you back.

I also tried kazehakase a while back on antiX and found it to be slower than iceweasel! There is certainly a need for a modern, but small (and fast) browser for old boxes. For old boxes, Dillo is great for basic web browsing, iceweasel/firefox and opera are fast, if you have enough RAM.

Have fun with antiX!
OU812
Opera seems fairly responsive. The only problem is that the latest version doesn't work with the flash plugin. Perhaps there is an update that fixes the problem. You'll have to dl the .deb files from opera and install them as root

dpkg -i opera*

john
harii
Did anyone like the Html Viewer 3 (hv3) browser?
I really did like that one.
I thought it was as fast as dillo?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
harii

I did like it (which is why Spartacus came with it) and had great hopes that it would be the browser with dillo's speed, but the extra of being able to show 'modern' websites.
Unfortunately development seems to have stalled.
Urban
Firefox 3 is supposed to be better with its memory and CPU usage.