rokytnji
Howdy Wayne . While my expertise is not in this field of Linux.
, i found there is a Linux driver, but i have never install printer driver on Linux before, could anyone help me on what steps should i do installing driver on antiX?
Need link to driver site first. To see if .deb or source file. If source. You will need to install build-essentials in Synaptic to have the tools to install a source file. There is usually a read me text file in downloaded driver file that gives instructions on how to install their source file.

Need more info on the printer also. inxi -F with printer hooked up may give info on it.
wayne128
rokytnji wrote:Howdy Wayne . While my expertise is not in this field of Linux.
, i found there is a Linux driver, but i have never install printer driver on Linux before, could anyone help me on what steps should i do installing driver on antiX?
Need link to driver site first. To see if .deb or source file. If source. You will need to install build-essentials in Synaptic to have the tools to install a source file. There is usually a read me text file in downloaded driver file that gives instructions on how to install their source file.

Need more info on the printer also. inxi -F with printer hooked up may give info on it.
Hi rok, thanks for your reply

i found this link.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#MFC-7340"
linktext was:"http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... l#MFC-7340"
====================================

seems very clear instruction
have not link MFC to antiX yet..
appreciate your help.
rokytnji
A million drivers there? __{{emoticon}}__ Which one?

Looked at installer instructions for a 64 bit one (64bit driver won't work in AntiX i686)
Pretty straight foward instructions. Says they are deb files and can be installed using

Code: Select all

dpkg -i
command after cd to directory driver is downloaded to. You must sux to root in terminal to run dpkg -i command. Looks Like it won't be a big deal to install driver.
wayne128
thank rok, i only need one that work, haha a millions path makes navigation a challenge.

so i try lpr, follow their instruction, choose
# Pre-required Procedure (4)
Related distributions
Debian, Ubuntu
Related products/drivers
printer/PC-FAX drivers
Requirement (superuser authorization is required to run the command)
"mkdir /var/spool/lpd" command is required if the folder does not exist.

all the way to here

5-2. Edit the file according to your connection

# For USB Connection (Default)
Check if the parameter of":lp" is":lp=/dev/usb/lp0"
Exapmle

but stuck here __{{emoticon}}__
5-3. Restart the print system

Command (for lpr): /etc/init.d/lpr restart
Command (for lprng) : /etc/init.d/lprng restart
/etc/init.d/lpr restart gave me bash: /etc/init.d/lpr : no such file or directory

so something missing,, cannot figure why

need some more help ...take a break..
rokytnji
Related products/drivers
printer/PC-FAX drivers
Requirement
ia32-libs or lib32stdc++ is required to be installed.
Another thing I am noticing is that IPR driver is for 64bit operating System which AntiX is not 64bit Operating system but is 32 bit operating system.

MFC-7440N,MFC-7450,MFC-7820N, and on and on are all using some version of lpr driver. So I still don't know which one to look at.