zpimp
i want to make a multiboot ext2 usb drive with grub2
i managed to do it using instructions from pendrivelinux,

took me a while to understand the difference between usb install grub file system, manually editing grub.cfg
versus antix install grub file system and generating grub.cfg by update-grub, expected this on usb also

is ext2 a good choice for this, as in speed reliability, i understand ext3,4 are heavier due to journaling, is there a better filesystem?

took me a while to understand theres a difference in parameters on vmlinuz line, some for grub, some speciffically for each iso
i dont know know all the grub parameters
and i dont claim to understand all of what im doing now __{{emoticon}}__

anyway this is what i came up with

what would be the best way to boot an iso, most portable way to work on most systems and most isos

would you reccommend another way (using grub.isos, or unpacking isos, not other software, i want to do it manually)

Code: Select all

menuentry"1antix" {
loopback loop /antix.iso
linux (loop)/antiX/vmlinuz fromusb fromiso=/antix.iso quiet splash=v disable_srv=LX
initrd (loop)/antiX/initrd.gz
}
menuentry"2antix" {
loopback loop /antix.iso
linux (loop)/antiX/vmlinuz fromiso=/antix.iso fromhd=UUID=88972514-db5d-437a-bc71-431821091189 quiet splash=v disable_srv=LX
}

menuentry"3antix" {
loopback loop /antix.iso
linux (loop)/antiX/vmlinuz fromiso=/antix.iso root=UUID=88972514-db5d-437a-bc71-431821091189 quiet splash=v disable_srv=LX
}
menuentry"4antix" {
probe -u $root --set=rootuuid
set imgdevpath="UUID=$rootuuid"
loopback loop /antix.iso
linux (loop)/antiX/vmlinuz root=$imgdevpath fromiso=/antix.iso quiet splash=v disable_srv=LX
}