belf
Hello to the whole AntiX community __{{emoticon}}__

In my PC the boot of Antix, another distro and Windows is managed by Grub 2 (default boot loader of the other distro I have installed), and all works fine without difficulties.

A friend of mine installed AntiX 12 on a old PC in dual boot with Windows XP. During the installation he chose to install Grub Legacy in MBR of sda and the installation finished without difficulties.
Now, my friend is able to boot AntiX through Grub Legacy, but he is not able to boot Windows XP.
I know that it is not a big trouble __{{emoticon}}__ but my friend has to boot Win sometimes.
At the moment I don't have his /boot/grub/menu.lst but I requested to him and I think I'll get it as soon as possible.

Two questions:

1) If in menu.lst there is nothing about Windows XP, how my friend should edit menu.lst? (I can't help him because I am used to Grub2)
2) I read in the main page of the Antix site that users are free to install grub2 if they wish. Please, could you show me a guide, here (I did not find it) or elsewhere, to install Grub2 if it will be necessary?

Thanks for the help

__{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
See this post for suggestions on grub and windows.

error-11-unrecognized-device-string-t4323.html

and for grub1 to grub 2 (use su rather than sudo)

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://sites.google.com/site/mynotepad2/system-administration/linux-admin/grub/install-grub-2-on-debian-linux"
linktext was:"https://sites.google.com/site/mynotepad ... bian-linux"
====================================
belf
OK, thanks. I'll try your suggestions.
belf
My friend tried the second modification suggested in
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"antix.freeforu ms.org/post29136.html#p29136"
linktext was:"this post"
====================================
and all works.

Thanks.