enzo
Hello there,
I can't find a way to grow up the space of"antiX" with"gparted": the 1. partition contains"win xp" (aboat 20mb), 2nd"antiX" (with ab. 6mb) the 3. part. is swap (near 2 mb). Now, I started from the live cd and reduce the first partition around 5 (to 15) and it works. Now I like to shift the 2nd"antiX" to the 'left' side- to get in touch with the first part., but this don't works. Is it only possible to move the"white" (right) side of the"gparted" image, so the user can't move the (yellow marked) coated left side?

p. s.:all in all"antiX" is really enjoying __{{emoticon}}__ !
skidoo
Your task involves multiple operations. It is important (necessary!) to click apply following each operation.
[------------------------][--------------]
After indicating within gparted that you want to make"the 1. partition" smaller, click apply.
Then followup by dragging leftward the left side of"2nd partition". Click apply.
rokytnji
Also. My experience when I used to dual boot with antix and XP. Anytime I shrunk a Windows XP partition.

I would then reboot and boot into XP Let Windows do it's chkdisk thing before rebooting again into XP.
Just to make sure everything still continued to work.

Windows don't like you laying your greasy fingers on it sometimes.
The registry has a hissy fit when partitions are touched and groped.
enzo
I tried your Ideas for partitioning, but with no succes.
Thank you both for answering!
Also for the humourus comment to"windows"- yeah, I believe it
and it's one reason more to take a change!
caprea
Is the 2nd partition with antix really unmounted ?
enzo
Hello caprea,
this could be the solution!!! I had nothing unmounted, only started from the"live cd". Now, I will try it again in the next time with"unmounting" part. and write about the result then.
Thanks for this tip!
enzo
The new attempt with unmounted partition was also not successful,
when I tried all your tips again. No problem, I work further with the
system like it is and maybe get a new inspiration in the future.