plvera
I deleted abiword since I'm running Openoffice. So when I click on an .odt (or .doc) file in my documents folder nothing happens. Run action is still looking for abiword, but I reset it to ooffice -writer for those two files.

My question (since I also got rid of gnumeric) is whether there is a global way to change the file associations, rather than doing them one at a time. This would also take care of all of the associations of a particular app.

thanks.
Pedro
anticapitalista
Site Admin
No global way as far as I know. once you have set the run action, it should work for all similar files eg all your doc files should now open in open office write (oowriter)
eriefisher
Larger desktop environments take care of this for you as part of the integration. Since Antix uses light weight window managers this type of integration is not there. These types of window managers are stand alone and will gladly accept any application the user chooses. Fluxbox doesn't rely on Abiword or visa versa whereas Konqueror must have kde and kde brings Konqueror(built in integration).

All of the bits and pieces that make up Antix don't necessarily rely on one another which is why you must tell rox(the file manager) to open a .doc in Abiword(processor). Now that it knows what to do it will alway do it unless you tell it otherwise.