Cuttlefish
Hello folks,

This is not really a problem for me. I'm curious as to what happened to iceape during this fresh install. It seems that I have the mozilla version of iceape 2.0.6 with all their bookmarks and such, as opposed to the"antiX 8.5" version with all of anti's interesting links.

Is there a fix for this. I figured I'd post before I messed around.

Thanks,
Dave
Last edited by Cuttlefish on 12 Sep 2010, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
Check in /etc/skel if there's any .mozilla folder there. If so copy it to your home folder replacing the existing one (and restart Iceape).
Cuttlefish
secipolla,
I can't find any .mozilla folder there.
Cuttlefish
I've noticed that in another install that has the"correct bookmarks" that in the home folder there is a .mozilla and that has a different default file with the correct bookmarks. Is it possible to use the livecd and either swap the bookmarks HTML or the entire default folder (under seamonkey)?
secipolla
Go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks and export them (from the working one).
I think it will create an HTML file.
Then open 'manage bookmarks' in the problematic one and import bookmarks, choosing the saved file.
rokytnji
rokytnji
I don't know about you Cuttlefish. Me. I just export my saved bookmarks (a long list. more than stock bookmarks on fresh install) on any of my already installed AntiX boxes to a backup folder I made in /home. Whenever I do a new install. I just copy and paste that exported bookmarks.html to pendrive. Then import to fresh AntiX install in Iceape 2.0.6.

Saves me a ton of time. Secipolla beat me to it. __{{emoticon}}__
Cuttlefish
I'm all about saving time. As Ben Franklin said,"Lost time is never found." Thanks, guys!! I gave my daughter my Flash drive for school and I've got to get another. I figure that doing this is probably easier than it sounds. I know that this is scary, but I'm probably the most computer literate person in my house. LOL!!

secipolla, are you saying that I could export from the live cd?
rokytnjl, I will try the flash drive method also.
secipolla
Cuttlefish wrote:secipolla, are you saying that I could export from the live cd?
If it's working fine in the live-CD then yes. And you don't need a flash drive, just mount the hard-drive and save it there (you should find the hd partitions in /mnt/sdaX).
Cuttlefish
Thank you!!
Dave
Cuttlefish
I have the bookmarks HTML saved in my downloads folder. Do I add/save it to the location where my"incorrect one" is? Do I delete the"incorrect one"? Can I have both?
Dave
secipolla
You import it from the 'manage bookmarks' window. It will add to the existing ones.
Cuttlefish
Thank you!! That was totally awesome!! I guess that it is lame, but I'm totally stoked. I like to feel like I'm in control of something (and learning something) and not barreling out of control.

Thanks again.
Dave