dirkd
Hi,

In an experiment changing the wallpaper, I discovered that .jpg filenames with spaces are not accepted as a screen background (although the image is shown as a preview). I was running fluxbox, and using AntixCC for changing the wallpaper.

I thought I only had to rename the wallpaper file, removing all spaces in it, to fix the problem. So I closed AntixCC and changed the filename with SpaceFM. Alas, that made the wallpaper widget in AntixCC totally unresponsive: nothing happens anymore when clicking the 'choose wallpaper' button. To remedy the situation one only has to re-insert the spaces, choose a wallpaper without spaces in the name, and THEN remove the spaces in the desired wallpaper file.

I had a bit of trouble, since I had forgotten precisely what spaces were present in the filename. In the end I ran the script doing the actual wallpaper switch (wallpaper.py I believe) from a terminal window. That showed the old filename (with the spaces) in an error message (file does not exist or something similar).

I don't think many people will hit this error, but maybe a small change in wallpaper.py could eliminate the problem completely.
skidoo
Dang it, I thought this had been fixed. I reported its"brittleness" during beta testing.

In my case, I had the bright idea to"cleanup unused files" and among the files I deleted were various wallpaper imagefiles.
When I eventually ran the antixcc wallpaper-setter later, it choked because the expected (default? last-used?) imagefile
couldn't be loaded (loaded into preview window).

file:///usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://github.com/antiX-Linux/wallpaper-antix/blob/master/bin/wallpaper.py"
linktext was:"https://github.com/antiX-Linux/wallpape ... llpaper.py"
====================================
Dave
I was pretty sure that this has been fixed as well... maybe that version never made it out of"testing" instead continuing with the broken version as packaged in the deb. I give it another look to find what happened

EDIT:
OK, so apparently half of the fix was in but not working as expected (spaces in the file name)... and the other half missing ( change to default image when image file is not found ).
Anyway should show up as an update in the repo.
apt-get update && apt-get install desktop-session-antix wallpaper-antix