topic title: Fluxbuntu Inspired
OU812
I read a recent review of fluxbuntu. In the review, the author complained that fluxbuntu themes are too sci-fi in look and feel. My"blue-ish" theme approaches the sci-fi theme, but perhaps in colors only. My"darker mood" theme is definitely sci-fi inspired. My"minimal" theme is a huge step away from the sci-fi theme, but I'm not sure I really dig it. My current shades theme is a bit sci-fi, but I find it very soothing. So I tried to create a mellow theme, non-sci-fi theme and here is what I have so far. The working title is"Dawning." I hope you like it.

john

@anti - where do I upload my theme tarballs?
OU812
style, wallpaper, xmms, gtk2, and icons are all in place. Conky is next.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Nice look!

I'm afraid this site, not the antiX one allows for uploading compressed files. I suggest using some hosting service. There are hundreds out there, all free and fairly reliable.

I use:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.gigasize.com/"
linktext was:"http://www.gigasize.com/"
====================================

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.mediafire.com/"
linktext was:"http://www.mediafire.com/"
====================================
acidburned
looks good ou812...for some reason i like blue themes and wallpapers more then any other color.i thinks its easier on my eyes lol.
OU812
Thanks, acidburned and anti. I need to edit conky (I want to integrate the colors from the wall). Also, I found another style and xmms skin that go well with the theme. I also want to find an xmms skin that maybe is a little less metallic. I'll post my results soon.

john
OU812
OK. I changed the xmms skin and got a new style - I edited the border and highlight colors only. Conky is the last step. Here it is so far (I like the xmms skin a little better - seems a better fit).

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hey that is really nice. I like the fluxbox menu style.
I suppose conky would be blueish rather than black.
OU812
One more to consider - new style and xmms skin. Once I/we decide on an xmms skin and style, I'll edit conky and tar everything. I kinda like this new blue style, but I may want to change a couple of things - like the bullets and maybe menu and menu highlight colors. Otherwise, I'll go back to endel's soft white style.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I prefer the fluxbox menu in your previous snapshot. The rest is great!
OU812
OK. I'll use the style you like"soft white" and the xmms skin from the last post. I edited conky to pick up the wall colors and moved it to the bottom so I could have wbar at the top - it's like a fluxbox version of engage. I just got it installed and need to customize it. Here it is:

I just need to find a nice slim background and I'll tar it. Then I can upload two of my themes.

john
OU812
OK. It is complete: slim and wall backgrounds, fluxbox menu, conky, xmms and mplayer skins, icons, gtk2, fluxbox style. Maybe later today I'll put together a README file, tar it, and upload it. Maybe I'll have time to upload the Darker Mood theme also. For the blue-ish mood I'll need to edit conky abit, and the shades theme needs a little fine tuning. Anyway, here is a final screenshot showing what I'll use for a slim background and a skin for mplayer.

john
impuwat
Looks very nice John...and it looks like you have conky figured out pretty well now.

I like both wallpapers but prefer the last one. Just my preference...everyone has their own tastes. One of the great things about antiX and Fluxbox are the ease of style and design changes. Each of us can take a little of this and a little of that. Kind of like being at a big scrumptious buffet!
OU812
The only problem with the last wall is that is a .bmp file. Works fine as a wall, but when I used it as a background for slim, slim didn't seem to like it very much. I used mtpaint to convert it to a .jpg image, but it doesn't look as smooth. Any ideas? When I do tar it, I'll include everything I have that may look nice with this theme.

john