plvera
Hello:
I'm running Antix8.test.2 in my old dell inspiron 7500 and was fooling around downloading different wm using the meta-installer package.

I installed (successfully) lxde, kde, xfce and I was very pleased with the way meta-installer handled the installs.

However, after I was all done, I noticed that my fluxbox menu was not responding as before. In particular, I had lost all my terminals. icewm still had them, though.

I'm not sure if the problem is related to too many different wm's installed or not. I also haven't tried to fix the menu but I'll try that tonight.

thanks.
Pedro
eriefisher
Installing other WM's may have done a update-menu and forced the fluxbox menu to change. You will probably see new app from the new WM's in the menu. You could just edit it to your likening.
plvera
Actually I re-checked fluxbox toniight and although roxterm works, the rest of the other entries for terminals using wterm, do not work. Also wterm from a roxterm does nothing.

So I guess one of the other wm wiped out wterm?

Pedro
plvera
Well, it seems that my problems are due to not having rewritten over my home directory when I installed Antix8 beta 2. wterm is not in the new release, but my old fluxbox menu was still pointing to it.

So this is just my lack of understanding. Not a real problem.
sorry about the confusion.

Pedro
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Actually this raises an important point Pedro.
ie it is better for users to save their /home directory including hidden files to a usb stick or whatever, then install antiX as normal ie do not save home config and in the new antiX install add back your personal files etc.
plvera
Anti:
Yes, I think it would be preferable to be able to backup into USB (or whatever) and just reload afterwards.