secipolla
My three desktops (antiX 8.2/sid), they have something in common.

teresaejunior
Something in common? The wallpapers maybe? uhuhuh

Ok..! Amazing icewm theme! I must admit I've given up on it 'cause I didn't get a cool one... The icewm bar looks very clean!
eriefisher
Looking good there. How do you like XFCE? I was thinking of reinstalling it.
secipolla
Hi T&J, the icewm theme is called psicopoire and is found at box-look.org. My current antiX uses Korstro dark and is nice, although the window decorations may be a bit heavy.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://img651.imageshack.us/i/icevioletthumb.jpg/"
linktext was:"http://img651.imageshack.us/i/icevioletthumb.jpg/"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

erie, I don't use Xfce anymore but I did like LXDE a lot in my Debian sid install.

I'm posting quickly cos I'm in a public pc and have to go.

Salute.
OU812
I installed arch linux recently on two machines: one with an xfce desktop and the other with lxde. I like that xfce has all the bells and whistles I need, and then some. With lxde I just needed to add a few things. After a while though, I just ended up liking lxde a bit more.

john
rokytnji
they have something in common.
Conky __{{emoticon}}__

I never looked at this post. Your AntiX 8.5 prefinal screens post made me look.
Nice use of setting up Hotkeys to show in Conky. Looks like Crunchbang.
secipolla
rokytnji wrote:
they have something in common.
Conky __{{emoticon}}__

I never looked at this post. Your AntiX 8.5 prefinal screens post made me look.
Nice use of setting up Hotkeys to show in Conky. Looks like Crunchbang.
This was an antiX 8.2-sid that I eventually deleted to install a new antiX or Debian (it was the first time i tried sid).
teresaejunior got it right: I was thinking about the wallpapers all having to do with flowers.
I got the shortcut keys idea from Crunchbang. I find them really useful and not only this makes it easier to learn but it gives a valuable info for the first time users. But then I must have two different Conkys, one for flux (~/.fluxbox/.conkyrc) and one for ice (~/.icewm/.conkyrc), and then launch them with the command 'conky -c', as eriefisher taught me.

- the second one is a famous Monet canvas and it's evident by looking at it that he was a master of the light.
The Bean
Here's my self made antiX style. Fluxbox theme is based on a modified tenr.de theme (only the colors are the same) and the modified 'Human' gtk style. It's not complete but ready to use. __{{emoticon}}__
Especially a suitable wallpaper is missing.
The Bean
Thats it for now. Icons with matching colors in wbar is the only thing I will adjust someday. The bg image is taken at my home town just in front of my house with a bad cell phone cam. The ccd always changes the colors but this time it looks real good even if I assisted a bit with irfanview.
vrkalak

A basic Debian-Squeeze (stable release) with an upgraded Kernel and using the Fluxbox WM.
A simple one-line across the top Conky.

Using a self-modified"my_DEFCON" fluxbox-style/theme - found here: tenr.de

Found the wallpaper/background on DeviantArt.com
DeepDayze
vrkalak wrote:Image

A basic Debian-Squeeze (stable release) with an upgraded Kernel and using the Fluxbox WM.
A simple one-line across the top Conky.

Using a self-modified"my_DEFCON" fluxbox-style/theme - found here: tenr.de

Found the wallpaper/background on DeviantArt.com
I like it and very crunchbangy too __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
Playing with tint2 in Fluxbox. Kinda a faux Gnome 3 look. Still a work in progress. Learning as I go.

Like I said, A work in progress. Figured out the application Launcher

rokytnji
I think I finally settled On how this AntiX 8.5 Full i686 Debian Wheezy Install is gonna be on this IBM T23. I uninstalled Icewm and am going to run Fluxbox only. No wbar and Tint2 Panel is set to Auto Hide. Sticking with the big Conky and Sakasas old Spider at Night AntiX wallpaper that is not available anymore.

I am using Debian-Dark style fluxbox theme with Fekete-feher icons I manually inserted into ~/.fluxbox/menu.
Kinda retro AntiX with a Fake Gnome 3 Look.

You can put a fork in this. It's done.

DeepDayze
That looks very nice, roky...very nice desktop that's quite Gnome 3-like on such an old machine __{{emoticon}}__

The real Gnome3 would not even run on that old lappy
the convert
i love that setup rokytnji! it just looks so cool! __{{emoticon}}__