anticapitalista
Site Admin
If firmware-b43legacy-installer fails to upgrade, just remove it.

apt-get purge firmware-b43legacy-installer

apt-get -f install
afab4
Upgraded via smxi this morning and it wiped out my wireless connection.
Errors upgrading both firmware-b43legacy-installer and firmware-b43-installer.
Fortunately i keep my b43 drivers on a USB flashdrive so was able to get back online quickly.
I have removed the legacy installer and put the b43 on hold.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Good idea. Seems this upgrade may break b43. for some.
masinick
anticapitalista wrote:Good idea. Seems this upgrade may break b43. for some.
Anti, GOOD NEWS from my side of the world. While Test 2 full had issues with the b43 stuff, the BASE version ran perfectly live, so I am installing it right over the full version, and I will check it out again once installed. Meanwhile, I have not tested this iteration of core because I am so happy with it on my system as is, but I did run over the M11.0 version and used it to replace at least of my core installations, both of which are running as well as my custom Debian Sid system (which, in reality, is VERY similar to my antiX setups; I run all of the core implementations using Sid, and then use Testing for base and full).

Needless to say, I am happy with base, and I do NOT see this firmware-b43-installer issue here, (Hurrah!)

Also, let's see if we get any feedback on the Broadcom-sta firmware; my recommendation is to completely remove it, because the firmware-b43-installer and the firmware-b43legacy-installer both go out to the Broadcom site to pick up the very latest firmware; it has always worked for me, but perhaps occasional outages, down time, or local network issues have affected people from time to time. According to the Debian Wiki, firmware-b43-installer and the firmware-b43legacy-installer are the definitive packages that pull in the correct Broadcom wireless firmware.

Keep up the great work! I've already started promoting this stuff, encouraging my friends to test it. JP, Dragonmouth, and Julian, three of my forum friends, have all been using antiX; hope they'll try the new ones for us!