greyowl
I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I couldn't find a more likely catagory.

I tried AntiX 17 pre rc 1 on two different old Dell laptops with the following results:

Dell Latitude D600:
- if I initially use Wicd it picked up my wireless and wireless networks and indicated that I was connected- however, the internet apps like dillo, FF, and SMTube would not load webpages with errors errors like DNS can't resolve webpages or can't find server--it appears that I was not actually connected to the internet even though Wicd indicated that I was
-if I initially use Ceni it picked up my wireless and wireless networks, webpages loaded OK--after this Wicd also showed I was connected

Dell Latitude D610:
-Wicd could not pick up my wireless or find any wireless networks
-Ceni was able to pick up my wireless and connect to the internet and  FF, Dillo, and SMTube were able to load webpages OK.
rokytnji
All I am going to do is move your threads to announcements. From New Users and General questions.
I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I couldn't find a more likely catagory.
No problem. You beat out Anti on starting a thread on feed back. So we can use yours instead. Or. If Anti decides to start a thread instead? I hope with this new forum format I can delete this one. But first copy and paste your post into the thread Anti starts manually by hand. Or you can copy and paste your post into Anti's thread. Convoluted  I know. But this forum format is new to me.