topic title: Euro 2008
anticapitalista
Site Admin
For you football (soccer) fans, Euro 2008 has started.

Predictions, comments welcome.

I'll start.

Winners: Germany
Surprise team: Russia

Nice to see the Dutch beat Italy 3-0.
Sakasa
My favorite is Germany will aliviate a little my symptoms.

Best Regards,
TLeeNorris
I am voting Croatia...
Sakasa
I do not fallow soccerl but in my old times use to be a German fallower and it always did aliviated a little my symptoms.

Best Regards,
Last edited by Sakasa on 10 Jun 2008, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
dieselbenz
Football? The SuperBowl was in January. __{{emoticon}}__
Sakasa
dieselbenz wrote:Football? The SuperBowl was in January. __{{emoticon}}__
Thanks champ in Spanish football is soccer, in English is American football, In England is English football, sorry about that you know how it goes when you speak a few languages.

Best Regards,
dieselbenz
Sakasa wrote:
Thanks champ in Spanish football is soccer, in English is American football, In England is English football, sorry about that you know how it goes when you speak a few languages.

Best Regards,
I know all that. Although a Yank, I do know what happens east of Maine. I just couldn't resist. __{{emoticon}}__
dieselbenz
Sakasa wrote:

Best Regards,
Ironically, I've played both football (American) and soccer. I sucked at both. My body was made for my B.A Music and my B.S. computers, not for that of an athlete (and I am not obese). Old age has filled me out, but I am still well over 6' and around 200 lbs. -- not exactly an athletic build when it comes to contact sports. But ... I was one hell of a competitive runner two/three decades ago, till the knees went. (Okay, a 10K race was my limit.)

Don
Sakasa
dieselbenz wrote:
Sakasa wrote:

Best Regards,
Ironically, I've played both football (American) and soccer. I sucked at both. My body was made for my B.A Music and my B.S. computers, not for that of an athlete (and I am not obese). Old age has filled me out, but I am still well over 6' and around 200 lbs. -- not exactly an athletic build when it comes to contact sports. But ... I was one hell of a competitive runner two/three decades ago, till the knees went. (Okay, a 10K race was my limit.)

Don
I did like very much soccer play it when younger I was level, not to good or excellent according to the human compettive thought. I did very good in Martial arts I did heavy contact but I'm not a heavy build guy similar like you but did excellent in fast directional changing sports , 1/4 mile rrunning, and similar sport not require heavy body build up. I did gave some self develop training Method to University team, did gave Martial arts training to many but that was it. I was really into soccer when I was younger in Europe but lost the spark of it in the U.S./A Did always like Germany, Argentina and Brazil in soccer.

Best Regards,
mariel77
I don't follow football (American, Spanish, or English). __{{emoticon}}__
But some years I do follow baseball; it depends on how the local team is doing.
TLeeNorris
Thats what I'm talking about.. Ger 1 - Cro 2 .. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Some surprise results tonight.

Group 3:

Romania 1 Italy1

A very good game. Italy had a goal disallowed and Romania missed a penalty in the last 5 minutes.

Netherlands 4 France 1.

The Dutchies are just 'awesome' as you American teenagers say! __{{emoticon}}__
TLeeNorris
Thursday 19 June 2008 20:45
Portugal Vs. Germany

Friday 20 June 2008 20:45
Croatia Vs. Turkey

Saturday 21 June 2008 20:45
Netherlands Vs. Russia

Sunday 22 June 2008 20:45
Spain Vs. Italy
Any thoughts? __{{emoticon}}__
TLeeNorris
Portugal, Croatia, Netherlands, Italy thats my picks..
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Germany
Croatia
Russia
Italy