Cuttlefish
Hello Folks,

Well, I was in sgfxi and seeing if I could update my nVidia driver and now it seems that I no longer have one and can't log back into my x-desktop. (I hope that I'm saying this correctly). When I should be able to restart my desktop I only receive Error:(245) The Nvidia installer exited with the error: 1

TIA,
Dave
Cuttlefish
Success!! I used the X-assistant tool in my Mepis 8.5 live cd to repair my system. I set it to the proper drive and partition and let it do the repair.
Totally awesome!!

Dave

No joy trying to get the latest Nvidia driver with sgfxi __{{emoticon}}__
secipolla
The 195 driver is is Debian's repository now so to install it you could run

Code: Select all

apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-xconfig && nvidia-xconfig
(&& means"if the previous command has been successfully completed, run the next command")
Cuttlefish
Had a fun time with PCs this past weekend.??? I lost my XP box to a blown mobo. I now have Vista on my ide drive wirh antiX 8.5 and M8.5 on the sata drive of the same box. I did reinstall antiX and have the latest Nvidia driver. Yeah, I know I've got OCD __{{emoticon}}__
(&& means"if the previous command has been successfully completed, run the next command") secipolla, Thanks for the definition.

I'm not sure about this, but when I tried to retrace my steps to find out how I originally broke my driver, I think that I logged out of x incorrectly. I think I may have used Cntrl/F2 rather than Cntrl/F1 and tried to sgfxi a driver update...I'm only guessing though.
Dave