rokytnji
psalmson
5:02 pm
Hello,
I need assistance with hiccup I'm experiencing on installing antiX-17.b2. I downloaded the ISO file antiX-17.b2_386-full and created a bootable USB flash (8Gb flash) with Rufus. I booted it on ASUS eee pc 701 (4G harddisk, 512mb ram, 32 bit) and had to format the harddisk prior to using live boot. Hmmm, it worked perfectly on the machine (Session: rox-icewm)! I clicked on the install icon on desktop and it started well until I got to step 6-7! Step 7 required default user name and password, also root password which I inputted and clicked next. A screen popped up saying sorry user directory is not created! I had to close the installation page and unmounted the flash. I restarted the netbook and selected antiX GNU Linux and it booted. In the boot up messages, a line read:
[Failed] Loading cpufreq kernel modules [Failed]
After that, a login page is loaded where I have to input the login and password details!
[Remember, during the installation I closed the user account setup page because of user directory not created.]
Login text box loads 'demo' and I hit the <enter> key, password I inputted 'demo' and it displays"Failed to execute login command" and it shows the boot page for about 2 seconds and thereafter returns to login text box.
Please I am new to Linux environment (first time anyway) with zero knowledge of how to go around this problem! I've checked through the forum and Google and nothing helped and I don't know what to do!
I will be glad if this is solved! AntiX gives my netbook a new life and I will love to stick to the OS! Thanks in advance!
I moved to post to the appropriate section of the forum to get the attention it deserves. Howdy and Welcome by the way. Good luck with your eeepc. rokytnji.
rokytnji
I deleted your post in the beta test report page. In case you are wondering where it went.

Have you checked out?

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Howto_articles#Installation_Tips"
linktext was:"http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title= ... ation_Tips"
====================================

My opinion on your problems so far. I think your rufus usb live antix file system is now corrupted from a improper dismount. It will probably be easier to erase the usb back to fat32 and start over.