topic title: edit Icewm menu
coyotito
Editing the menu does not work, i.e I succeded in getting a new entry in the menu but it does not work

Code: Select all

prog"Terminal" roxterm
prog"Hjemmemappe" folder antiX-FileManager.sh
prog"Emelfm" emelfm
Can anybody explain why the manually added entry here, Emelfm, shows in the effing menu but does not start?

Also there used to be gui menu editors for icewm that worked fine and made things much easier. Iceme and Icemc.
Totally outdated now, python proggies, can still be downloaded but crap out complaining that 'module libgdk' is missing (iceme I think, some other error in Icemc). Apparently due to changes in Python.

are there any other menu editor?
dolphin_oracle
if have to specify an icon, even if you don't want an icon. The way your line is written, emelfm is in the icon field and you do not have a executable field defined.

so you would need:

prog"Emelfm" icon_name emelfm  
If you don't want an icon, replace icon_name with"noicon" and it will work fine.
coyotito
ok thanks, try later have to run.

but why then does the top line which is same pattern work?

got it working, too tired it seems. using xwc icon from X win commader package, old prog that does not start as it wants an ancient libstdc version. would have to find an old distro and copy the lib.
dolphin_oracle
My top entry looks like this:

prog"Terminal" /usr/share/pixmaps/roxtern.xpm roxterm
anticapitalista
Site Admin
There is a gui app for IceWM included in antiX (icewmcc) but it doesn't edit the menu.

Maybe a project for someone?
coyotito
Didn't know about that one.. hidden away in its own folder in /usr/local and as far as I can see it was not in my Icewm menu or in the control panel.
added a shortcut for it to Desktop/icewm menu

all the apps that come with antiX are fabulous
coyotito
__{{emoticon}}__

my top entry is

prog"Terminal" /usr/share/pixmaps/roxterm.xpm Eterm -f green

eyecandy far more important than the best terminal... Eterm w pic collection from Mandrake 7.1 and some added

fatmac
coyotito wrote:...... old prog that does not start as it wants an ancient libstdc version. would have to find an old distro and copy the lib.
Or maybe just add a 'link';

link -s <what> <where>