cousinlucky
At another forum Roky posted that some bugs in 13.2 have been fixed. Has anyone used the dial-up to get on line? Thanks!!
rokytnji
Nope. Only you can prevent forest fires! __{{emoticon}}__

Translation, I think you are the only member with a dial up modem using this distro Cuz. Maybe someone with a cell phone as a modem,
running this distro, may chime in after seeing my bump on this thread.

You could always test. If you want. I'll mail ya another cd since you are on dial up. Just let me know.
It will cover my Xmas for you bro.
cousinlucky
Roky, what I'm praying for is a new up to date Asus desktop computer to go along with my Asus LCD monitor. I really need to hit a lottery number for a couple of grand!!
jdmeaux1952
cousinlucky wrote: I really need to hit a lottery number for a couple of grand!!
Don't we all wish for that.
malanrich
I didn't notice this thread till now. I'm probably the only other aniX user that still uses dial-up with gnome-ppp. If the problem hasn't been resolved, let me know. There is often a permission problem that produces the immediate disconnect through gnome-ppp. You have to do a chown on the ppp directory (recursively) in /etc: change root:root to root:dip. Post if this fixes the problem or if you have questions.