Auzern
Whenever I log-on to a user. There is this music playing for a few seconds. How do I disable that?
Auzern
**Update** - I was playing an mp3 file with XMMS and now my sound isn't working.
I'm unable to listen to anything even when my soundcard is selected and all volumes are high up.
Please help.
plvera
Try adjujsting the sound with alsamixer. Make sure that sound is not muted.

Also, check the following thread for more info
antix-8-5-no-sound-issue-after-install-problem-t2522.html
Dave
to disable the start up music open the users folder and press (ctrl + h) to access the hidden folders. find the folder that is named .icewm and open it. then open the file called startup.sh with geany, on line 19 there will be a line saying (play /usr/share/sounds/Pardus_Rocks/Pardus_Rocks-Logout.ogg > /dev/null 2>&1 &) put a number sign in front of that line like ( #play /usr/share/sounds/Pardus_Rocks/Pardus_Rocks-Logout.ogg > /dev/null 2>&1 & ) and the music should stop playing on startup

To enable the sound if the alsa mixer is not the problem, open pcmanfm as root, change the folder to /etc/modprobe.d/ and remove the alsa-base.config file as well as another one with sound in its name, sometimes the other one is there sometimes it isn't. after you have deleted these, reboot the computer. these files will reappear but in the same configuration as when you installed antix on your computer. that should make your sound work again, if not run alsa mixer and check to see if the levels are up
Auzern
Thanks a lot for your reply, plvera and Dave.

The start-up sound has been disabled.

I have read the guide in the above link but now I have a different problem.
I want connected the audio jack to the new sound card that I put.
Now I can see that my soundcard can be selected from the Configure Sound System from the AntiX control panel but I'm unable to save it. I have googled about this problem and I'm still unable to find a solution to this... Is there any alternative to ALSA Mixer. Something more stable and easier to use.
Dave
When I had replaced my sound card I ran the alsa configurator in the control center, when this was done 2 cards have shown up in the alsa mixer, I selected the one that I wanted. however this did not produce sound, From this i had to remove the alsa base file from /etc/modprobe.d/ and the sound did work. A new alsa base file was made to fit with the new card. I do not know if there is another way to fix this but this way worked for me.