Chrisnet
Hello,

I use RoxPinboard by default with ICEWM. I had to set the icon files for the desktop icons since they were looking here /.icons/ROX-SVG/scalable for the file icons by default. But this directory doesn't exist. Where can I set the default path for applications icons ? It seems that the icons files are in /usr/share/icons.

Thank you got your help.

Chris
secipolla
~/.icons/ROX/MIME (it's a link to /usr/share/ROX/MIME).

You'll find something in /usr/share/pixmaps too.
oldhoghead
Site Admin
on the kicker click ont antiX>Help>antix>How-To, this opens dillo then >Rox Tips & Tricks>Adding Icons to Desktop

cheers,
oldhoghead
secipolla
oldhoghead wrote:on the kicker click ont antiX>Help>antix>How-To, this opens dillo then >Rox Tips & Tricks>Adding Icons to Desktop

cheers,
oldhoghead
You mean he can just drag the launchers from /usr/share/applications to the desktop.
OU812
It sounds like you have your rox pinboard enabled. If you do, you should see your home folder in the top-left corner. Left-click on the folder. Right-click in a white space. Click options. Then click types. Near the bottom is a drop-down menu you can use to choose an icon theme.

If you want additional icon themes, download and then extract them (as root) to /usr/share/icons.

john
Chrisnet
I know how to set a new icon but I thought some apps should have their right icon by default. For example, the default path for Iceweasel icon was wrong by default. It was pointing to /.icons/ROX-SVG/scalable why ?
secipolla
Chrisnet wrote:I know how to set a new icon but I thought some apps should have their right icon by default. For example, the default path for Iceweasel icon was wrong by default. It was pointing to /.icons/ROX-SVG/scalable why ?
I don't know why, but since that directory doesn't exist maybe anti could fix that for the next release. Either pointing to ~/.icons/ROX/MIME or creating ~/.icons/ROX-SVG/scalable (linking to /usr/share/icons.....scalable - I'm not in antiX, so I can't see the proper path).
OU812
Do you have a symlink in the folder ~/.icons to /usr/share/icons/ROX?

john
Chrisnet
Chrisnet
Sorry, I don't remember, I already gave back the PC to my friend...