Debian Stable 9.0.1

macondo
Yesterday, I installed Debian stable (don't ask), it was fine for a day, on the second day, I ran into problems with the repos (security) couldn't download nothing.
No ALSA, just Pulseaudio, what a nightmare!

Got outta Dodge, wiped the partition and back to antiX. My next project is MX for my wife.

Please devs, DO NOT REPLACE alsa with pulseaudio! pretty please with sugar on top! Anything Pottering/Fedora touches turns to caca.
rokytnji
I understand completely. Just for my own learning. I think back when I ran AntiX 11 for the longest time on my motorcycle shop computer. I dist-upgraded with the next debian release repos . I think it was Jessie at that time. I was locked out of /usr/local/bin section after that.
Since systemd defaults to /usr/bin.

Long story short. Shutdown broke. I tried poking around to edit systemd. Looked at the code blob and did a WTF. Where is the text file?
I can't use geany or leafpad or nano on this? So backed up needed stuff and moved on To AntiX 15. Which was current then.

I have a minor feud with a one debian user on LinuxQuestions when it comes to answering threads on low spec machines. He follows my posts around with his Debian this and that. I ignore this feud as life is short and I don't take operating systems seriously. Even Windows.

I use what works for me. Like tools in a tool box. Everyone has a right to their own tools. Like some members I know here who do the BSD dance. I failed gloriously playing with BSD myself. The running joke at LQ." Oh my god the world is ending. Rok installed BSD".

Welcome back macondo. You have been a heavy lifter here on this forum since the beginning.
macondo
Thanks, roky...
As one gets older, things start to change, no silly arguments, no stupid contest of who knows more, eye-candy or latest DE mean nothing to me, they say the second thing that goes is your mind, (don't ask what's the first). It's a generational thing, my grandchildren and I don't talk to each other, nothing to talk about, my cell phone is a $20 Blu, they use iphones, they use Mac, I use Linux/Unix, I turned 70 last month, nothing in common, so I keep my mouth shut and try to KISS everything. So ignore these fools who 10 years ago never heard of Linux.