jbander
I'm running 16.2 and my control centre in menu takes me nowhere, after I did a total update.. Any idea would be appreciated.
male
What is the terminal output of

Code: Select all

antixcc.sh
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6972
jbander
** (gtkdialog:24719): ERROR **: gtkdialog: Error in line 216, near token '</vbox>': syntax error

/usr/local/bin/antixcc.sh: line 1110: 24719 Trace/breakpoint trap gtkdialog --program=ControlCenter
rokytnji

sudo apt-get -f install
returns what?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
The only upgrade to control centre was via stretch repos. Are you using them?
If so, you do realize that antiX stretch version has not been released yet and is in fact only in alpha stage, so expect breakages.
jbander
jbander
male wrote:What is the terminal output of

antixcc.sh
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6972
root@Firewind1:/home/jbander# sudo apt-get -f install
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
root@Firewind1:/home/jbander#
jbander
anticapitalista wrote:The only upgrade to control centre was via stretch repos. Are you using them?
I thought I downloaded a stable 16.2 but I think it asked me to pick Jessie or stretch. I did pick stretch. I thought it was stable.It says I downloaded Control-centre-antix 0.5.8. The stretch repository is checked in Synaptic.
jbander
I've changed my Antix to what I want , changed many things , I lightened the destro and actually had a great time doing it. I can with little trouble go back and download a stable jessie and go through it again while it is still fresh in my memory. I'll be sticking to antix for a while. I like Antix a lot. Thanks folks.
skidoo
root@Firewind1:/home/jbander# sudo
Is that a just root-permissioned terminal, or are you logging into desktop session as root user?
If the latter... a whole lotta stuff within your desktop session ain't hardly gonna work.
Although root user login isn't disabled, that scenario isn't supported (much /etc/skel/ content is omitted from /root/.config/)