topic title: Consolekit et al
dave.clements
While building my core system, I am trying to ensure I do not install KDE, Gnome, etc. code but found some systemd related components were installed, primarily consolekit. When I try to apt-get remove it the system wants to remove 14 other components, including ark??. So I started to look how to disable it, because I'm sure that some other app install will re-install it. During my search I found the following on the freedesktop.org forum, the reply is from Lennart Poettering:

(In reply to comment #32)
> yes it does. there are other distros out there that doesn't use systemd at all
> and doesn't have the intention to use it.
Are there? If so those folks probably have to become active... We will phase out CK one day, and those folks who find value in sticking with obsolete code will then have come forward and do the work.

If anybody runs into the same consolekit issue, in my case it's something to do with X, the way to disable consolekit is rename
/usr/share/dbus-1/system-serviceorg.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.service
and reboot, I have run my core system for several weeks without problems.
I can see the point of consolekit on IBM zSeries linux (my background btw.) where you can have hundreds of users on hundreds of devices but on a single user single device system?
Now to deal with Policykit!!

Many thanks for all your hard work on antiX.