ceinstaller
Hey all! I found Antix trying to get my old Sony Vaio laptop up and running. (It's the only distro than identified and configured my ATI Rage Mobility video card. Sweet!) So far things are going well, but I have an issue with Conky. I've configured my local .conkyrc file and it works great. However, when I restart the laptop it goes back to the default config. My local .conkyrc is still the way I configured it and if I restart Conky from the menu it configures correctly. Can't for the life of me figure out why it comes up 'wrong' on a restart. I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing. (Happens more frequently as the years go by, heh.) If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

~Mark
BitJam
Welcome!

Look in ~/.conky/conkyrc_icewm (or something like that). There was some crazy problem with icewm and conky that got resolved by making a one-line change to the conky config file. I believe this problem has since gone away and in the next release we plan to have just one .conkyrc file to rule them all.

The call to conky when icewm starts up is in ~/.icewm/startup. You can try changing this to use .conkyrc by getting rid of the config file specification but then you risk the dreaded"ghost window" problem at start up.
thriftee
Yes, on a fresh install, not changed at all, that i just happen to have, I have one at ~/.conkyrc and another at ~/.conky/conkyrc_icewm.

It uses the one at ~/.conkyrc if you login to fluxbox or jwm, and the other one if you login to icewm.
ceinstaller
HA! It was the conkyrc_icewm! I copied my local rc to that and it came up correctly. Just have to remember to keep them synced up.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

~Mark
BitJam
If there is no problem with them being the same then edit your ~/.icewm/startup file so it calls conky without the"-c ~/.conky/conkyrc_icewm". This way you don't have to worry about keeping two files in sync.
ceinstaller
Sweet, that worked! Man, there's a lot to figure out, I feel like a noob, but it's fun!

Thanks!

~Mark