topic title: Clock time zone
dln9
I installed antiX 8.2 to the hard drive.

The clock in the system tray won't show the correct time. I select the America/Chicago (central) time zone, but the clock is offset by four hours. I had to select the timezone for the Midway Islands in the Pacific Ocean in order to make the clock show the correct time.

What must I do to fix this?

Thanks.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
The time is probably off because you are dual booting windows, yes? If so, then you need to edit /etc/default/rcS.

Click Run from menu, type gksu leafpad /etc/default/rcS

then change UTC=yes to UTC=no.

Reboot, then set the clock again in antiX control centre.
dln9
Thanks for all your help anticapitalista, you're a great person. You're really helping me through this.

In the case of this particular question, No, I am not dual booting. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

(PS: Have you ever checked into"distributism"?)
plvera
You could try setting the system clock. That should work and stay set correctly.
Instructions are in this link

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.linuxsa.org.au/tips/time.html"
linktext was:"http://www.linuxsa.org.au/tips/time.html"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Hope this helps.
Pedro
teresaejunior
The insruction anticapitalista gave should work even without dualboot.

If it doesn't, set it, as mentioned by plvera. It happened to me recently, then I set the system correctly and I saw at the boot: Error, last mount time is in the future. which will not let you boot. If you want to be safer, before setting the clock correctly, do this:

Click Run from menu, type gksu leafpad /etc/e2fsck.conf, and paste:

Code: Select all

[options]
buggy_init_scripts = true
Save and close. If that error appears, it will be fixed and system will boot normally.
dln9
Setting the system clock according to the site plvera referenced worked for me. Thanks all.