BitJam
Mélodie reported the following bug in the CLI installer and asked me to pass it on:
melodie wrote:There is a bug. A bad bug. The installer does not create the /home/user directory, so when I installed lightdm then tried to login to my session, it just kept sending me back over and over to the login screen! Once I found about the problem, I deleted the user (in a tty) and re created it with adduser. Then it was ok!
masinick
I must've missed that when I was trying out core. Can't remember if I reused /home, somehow averting this, but that may be why I didn't notice this issue.

Another issue with the installer, and I think it was also the Core version, is that regardless of which Debian repo you select, it seems to choose what it wants. With Core, I believe I wanted Sid, which is what I chose the last time I built Core. It came in with Stable. Did not really have time to investigate, which is why I hadn't issued a defect report; I still don't have the details handy, but now that another issue has arisen, it may be worth having a very close look at that code branch. It does not work in the same way that older releases used to work in the past.

I'll do my best to get more details; so sorry that I've been too occupied with other"life matters" to provide solid testing in this area.
skidoo
masinick, FYI someone else also noticed the installer ingoring choice of repository
dirkd wrote: posting.php?mode=quote&f=53&p=41920

First I tried a fresh install of AntiX 15 Base. The installer offered the choice of stable/testing/sid and I chose sid.
Afterwards, however, I noticed that the installed system still used stable.
. . .
decided to do a fresh install of Antix Full.
In that new installation I experienced the same problem with choosing repos.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Are we talking about 32 or 64 bit version, or both (cli-installer)?
spaceman
I don't know if it's directly related but I chose"existing /HOME" from cli-installer and had no /home folder at first boot either. I assumed I'd made an error, perhaps pointing the installer to the incorrect location (sda2, in my case). I manually added an entry for the drive:"/dev/sda2 /home" to my fstab.

I was using the 32-bit cli-installer. Not sure I encountered this with the 64-bit...no I don't think I have.
spaceman
Actually I can report that /home is not mapped with either (32-bit or 64-bit) installer.

I'm not sure how this relates to Mélodie's bug about /home not populating.
masinick
spaceman wrote:Actually I can report that /home is not mapped with either (32-bit or 64-bit) installer.

I'm not sure how this relates to Mélodie's bug about /home not populating.
I generally reuse /home unless I am completely recreating a disk partition during installation, which usually is not the case, so this may be the same use case I encountered, and in my case, it's on 32 bit hardware.