santotomas
The option to"Choose Wallpaper" in Control Center is disabled. Everything else seems to work fine. My desktop is an ugly grey but everything works OK.
Dave
Did you move (remove) the wallpaper file that you had set?
If so you can either
A) move another to the same location with the same name
B) open ~/.antix-session/wallpaper-list (~/.desktop-session/wallpaper-list) and change the file name to a valid picture for the session you are running.

If either option above does not work could you specify what version you are using and try running wallpaper.py in terminal posting anything that shows up here?
santotomas
Dave:
I am using AntiX 13.2 stable.

This is what I got:

wallpaper.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File"/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py", line 523, in <module>
Var().read()
File"/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py", line 68, in read
with open(var.USER_HOME+"/.antix-session/desktop-code"+var.DISPLAY,"r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.antix-session/desktop-code:0.0'

If I attempt solution B), exactly how do I do that, in terminal?
Dave
Ah okay in the output if says you are missing the configuration file. However it also says that you are running as root ... Is there a reason for this?

If you really must run as root for some reason or another you will need for copy / etc / skel /.antix-session to root's home folder.
masinick
Dave wrote:Ah okay in the output if says you are missing the configuration file. However it also says that you are running as root ... Is there a reason for this?

If you really must run as root for some reason or another you will need for copy / etc / skel /.antix-session to root's home folder.
Perhaps if the previous wallpaper files were saved in a user home folder and this work is being done from root, that accounts for the difference.

Another question to ask would be to run the same program from the user account and see if the result is the same or different, and that may help figure out what is really going on.
santotomas
Here is the comments without running in root:

wallpaper.py
rox-icewm
/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/actions of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

pixbuf = theme.load_icon(name, size, gtk.ICON_LOOKUP_USE_BUILTIN)
/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/apps of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/categories of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/devices of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/emblems of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/emotes of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/mimetypes of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/places of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/status of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/actions of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/apps of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/categories of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/devices of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/emblems of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/emotes of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/mimetypes of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/places of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

/usr/local/bin/desktop_tool.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/status of theme gTangish-2.0a1 has no size field

Traceback (most recent call last):
File"/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py", line 525, in <module>
base = MainWindow()
File"/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py", line 438, in __init__
Build_Picture().build_image(Var.IMAGE)
File"/usr/local/bin/wallpaper.py", line 148, in build_image
Build_Picture.pix = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file_at_scale(image,300,200,True)
glib.GError: Failed to open file '/media/KINGSTON-2/mount-fuji.jpg': No such file or directory

Re: last line"Failed to open file '/media/KINGSTON-2/mount-fuji.jpg': No such file or directory"
That may have something to do with the fact that just before my wallpaperpers crashed I had loaded up an image of Mount Fuji as wallpaper from my usb. Next time I booted up- no wallpaper.

Is there any way I can re-enable my"Choose Wallpaper" option in my CC, or is that dead and gone?
I reloaded my two favorite wallpapers into the Desktop/wallpapers file but I still don't get anywhere.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Open rox-filer as user, go to the hidden .antix-session/wallpaper-list (~/.desktop-session/wallpaper-list) and change the name of the wallpaper to a valid picture for the session you are running. Or make sure they all point to /usr/share/wallpaper/AntiX-Delight.jpg and then logout and login again.