topic title: checking in
dieselbenz
Poppin' on for my occasional look at how things are going on the board.

Nice to see that my Benz Friend Curtludwig has followed my advice and is giving antiX a look. Saw him on the 7.5 message board.

My antiX-OS 266 mhz laptop is still running strong. I do a dist-upgrade every week or so (SID) to get the latest stuff. Other than that, it sits tucked in between some books on the bookshelf to serve web and FTP pages and acts my network print server without asking for food, water, or even a walk in the park to empty its bladder. I sometimes even forget it is there!

If there is a complaint about antiX, it is this -- it is boring. No excitement, no panic, no crisis to deal with. It sits there and works without user intervention.

As is said on a US television commercial,"set it and forget it." As reliable as my old diesel Benz but leaks less oil.

LT Don
don.homelinux.net/~don (running on antiX)
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Good to hear from ypou again, dieselbenz.

antiX plus sid = boring!
I'll take that as a great compliment __{{emoticon}}__

I guess you are busy with the election. All we hear about is the top 2, so do you have any idea how the others are doing? How is Nader doing? What about Cindy Sheehan against Pelosi? Cynthia McKinney and the Greens?

Have fun!
masinick
anticapitalista wrote:Good to hear from ypou again, dieselbenz.

antiX plus sid = boring!
I'll take that as a great compliment __{{emoticon}}__

I guess you are busy with the election. All we hear about is the top 2, so do you have any idea how the others are doing? How is Nader doing? What about Cindy Sheehan against Pelosi? Cynthia McKinney and the Greens?

Have fun!
That stuff is JUST as boring... all a bunch of liars, each with their own personal agenda, bent on reaching it, regardless of who gets trampled on. I just hope at the end of the day I still have freedoms that I have taken for granted all my life. They seem to be disappearing, one by one.