pcalvert
Does anyone know if the full version of the antiX-M8 live CD supports the break=top cheat code? I tried it with a copy of antiX-M8 base that I downloaded around the beginning of the year, but it didn't work.

This is a very useful cheat code, and if none of the current versions of antiX support it, I strongly recommend adding it. That cheat code causes the boot process to be interrupted and drops one into a minimal shell. Commands can then be entered to effect all kinds of configuration changes that may not be possible any other way. (Type exit to leave the shell.)

I have an old laptop that I wanted to install antiX on, but I couldn't do it because of hardware issues. The break=top cheat code would give me the means to try to work around those problems.

Phil
anticapitalista
Site Admin
No it doesn't. Which distros have this cheatcode? I'd like to try it out and find a way to incorporate it into antiX if possible.
pcalvert
Which distros? That's a good question. I've seen old posts that seem to indicate that MEPIS and Ubuntu have it, but I haven't tried it on those. It works on sidux, though.

Phil
pcalvert
If this ever becomes incorporated into antiX, I would greatly appreciate a"heads up." Thanks.

Phil

Last bumped by pcalvert on 03 Apr 2010, 15:13.